Take a trip to MoneyIsland™! It's a place of adventure where kids learn the fundamentals of saving, investing, and more while having fun!
This free game was developed by an award-winning teacher for ages 8 to 14. It's a perfect teaching tool at home or in the classroom to get kids on the path to financial wellness.
- Free, multi-level online game for kids!
- Ideal for ages 8 to 14
- Parents, teachers, and guardians can play along too!
- Kids travel to exotic locations while trying to save Stone Broke
- Players learn money management skills while having fun
- Lessons cover 3 major areas:
- Managing money
- Saving and investing
- Using credit wisely
- Developed by an award-winning teacher
- Meets national standards for financial literacy
- How it Works
Kids learn lessons of financial responsibility while having fun! In MoneyIsland, kids get to play while learning by doing.
Colorful characters introduce the lessons and interact with players along the way. Kids earn, spend, and invest as they strive to be gurus that are ready for financial success.
The knowledge kids gain can serve them throughout their lives — and put them on track to a healthy retirement before they've earned their first paycheck!
Though kids love games, they also love real-life rewards! Once players complete the MoneyIsland game, they receive an award certificate. Bring that certificate to any Main Street Bank branch to pick up the rewards!
The passport is a cool way to connect the online experience to a real-world item — kids use the passport to track their progress through the MoneyIsland world with colorful stickers. The passport reinforces the images, characters, and lessons learned in the game. It's also another way for grown-ups to interact with kids as they learn!
Though designed primarily for youth ages 8 to 14, the lessons in MoneyIsland can serve players throughout their lives.
The content in MoneyIsland is aligned with national standards published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. The game is designed to develop skills in 3 key areas: Managing Money, Saving & Investing, and Using Credit Wisely.
Lessons are presented as the player ventures to these exotic places:
- Quest 1 (The Eiffel Tower): Spend, Grow, & Give
- Quest 2 (The Great Wall of China): Wants & Needs & Taxes
- Quest 3 (The Sphynx): Types of Income
- Quest 4 (Big Ben): Understanding Interest
- Quest 5 (Atlantis): Using Credit Wisely
- Quest 6 (The Acropolis): Building Wealth
Free lesson plans are available to compliment each quest. The lesson plans offer ideas for more activities to reinforce the financial fundamentals learned throughout MoneyIsland.